Friday, November 30, 2012

Prediction for Touching Spirit Bear

Authors Note: This is a prediction written  for the book Touching Spirit Bear. This piece is used to demonstrate my proficiency in predicting. 


Cole took a nice relaxing breath. It was either make it or break it here. He didn’t want to end up like his father, he grew up being beaten so why shouldn’t he beat his own son? Cole realized it was wrong. He had a tough day at work and stopped at the bar on his way home,  his brain had been in a haze and he didn’t know what he was doing. One moment he’s opening the door to get home, luckily he didn’t crash being the drunk driver he is, and the next he’s got his son on the floor his belt raised high. The anger he had hidden inside was rising up to the surface. He didn’t even do anything. Cole thought. Cole’s son, Ed, was crying on the floor. If I start now, I’ll never be able to stop.  He extend a hand to help his sobbing son off the floor. “Dad? What was that all about?” Six year old Ed asked.
“When I was a kid, I was very angry at the world, mostly because I was beaten by my father. That’s why I’ve tried to make you as feel as loved as possible.” That’s when Cole proceeded to tell his son his life changing journey and the people who helped him through it.
Almost as if on cue, right when Cole finishes speaking the doorbell rings. “Looks like your Uncle Peter is here!” Exclaimed Cole with a grin on his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment