Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Minecraft Part 5

I didn't know this was possible. That the kid who was about to end it could save it. I don't know if that it was really classified as saving my life, even though that it was his fault that I was going to die, intentionally. If he done this on accident, then he would be rescuing my being. I wondered if there was a death limit, but that question quickly found its way out of my head when Randall put his hand out to help me up. More than a hundred thoughts raced through my brain-most of which said not to accept his help. I didn't heed their warnings and put my hand out and grabbed his. He pulled me up when one of the twins (the ugly one) rushed up to give me my sword.
"Why didn't you kill me?" I asked
"Because that would be meaningless" said Randall "You would have less of a chance for surviving with us"
"Umm...what?"
"We fight a lot, mostly creepers and corrupt people who want everything. If you died here you would have less lives to fight with us. If you've died hmm, I would suppose, five times?"
"Six"
"Well, the maximum deaths are at eleven right now. Sometimes they change, go down or up."
"Then why would you try to kill me?"
"That's our test for now. We used to not test. If I or one of us ever came across a person, this person would be asked if they could fight with a sword or a bow and an arrow. Even though we all lived in the twenty-first century they said yes. Those liars. The first skeleton we saw I gave hi a bow and wasted all of my arrows. Long story short, we died. Some told the truth, like those three behind me. You were the first person we tried the actual test on. You passed, if you didn't, I would've had your head. Patrick was the only one who didn't like the idea. So will you join us" Randall asked with a pleading face.
"Sure" Randall smiled, "but under one condition. We go on a manhunt for that girl you killed."
He sighed "Fine, I really want you in our group, but only for a day. If we can't find her then we leave her."
"K"
"You already know Patrick's name"He pointed to the ugly one and said "this is Tim" He pointed to the other guy "This is Tom, and you are?"
"Jeff"
"It's getting dark, let's get back to camp" And I followed as they made treacherous journey, over many mountains and around lots of bushes when we stopped.
"Camp sweet camp" said Tom. Him and Tim immediately snatched some tools and wood and made me a little hut. When I walked in I noticed that there was a bed inside. No windows and one torch was what consisted of the hut. I came back out noticed that there weren't any torches around and why no light emulated from my hut. Ask in the morning was the answer from all of them. I bid them all good night and went to bed"

 When I got up the other houses were gone. I walked outdoors, the four others were huddled around a fire pit, I wondered why they did not light a fire. I joined them. The brothers immediately got up and started destroying my hut."Next time you will have to make your own. And demolish it for that matter."
"Okay"
"Once we are on our way we will show you the reason for us not using light outside our camp."
"Let's get moving" someone said, I did not know who, and honestly, I didn't care. I had another thing on my mind.
"What about Madeline?" I asked with a rude tone in my voice.
"Later, we may find her where we are going" Randall said wisely. I mumbled some words at him under my breath. All the time we had been walking, I didn't realize that, but we were already a quite a while away from our previous campground. After about an hour of walking, Randall stopped, everyone else stopped but me. I kept on walking, oblivious that everyone else had lie down and wasn't moving.
"Get down" Patrick hissed. I dropped to the floor, not because he had said so, but because I saw light. This light was preceding from a house in the woods. About two stories high, and with a massive clearing in front of the house, none of us wanted to go near it.

"Let's get closer, maybe we can subdue the person inside of it, tie them up and take the house" Randall said "You all see that movement in there. Hopefully only one person"

"How do you know this person is one of them?" said Tim

"I don't, but it certainly seems like it. This is probably just an outpost. In that area without trees is most likely a path. One that leads to their village."

"May I ask what you are talking about?" I asked

"These people are our enemies, we are just a little group  from a large amount of people who try to survive in this world, I'm sure there are many more. But these people we are looking at now are the only ones that give us trouble."Tim explained

"What do they do?"

"Everything they can, they have superior numbers to us, but we are far more advanced. Not barbarians like them" Randall said with disgust in his voice "They rob, kill and, blow things up. Like your house" Now I was mad. These people made my house explode. "They call themselves Borg, we should go like, now" And we were on the attack, enclosing on the house.

"Follow me and do as I do" Patrick whispered in my ear. I bobbed my head up in down as a response. All five of us walked towards the left side of the house. In the front Randall's predictions had come true, there was a gravel path leading towards forest area. Tom sprinted towards the door and kicked it in. From the rest it was like slow motion. Tom jumped to the side as a barrage of arrows came towards him. None hit him but he was dazed. Next was Randall, he threw some TNT in and a trail of red dust followed. The explosion was deafening and threw us all on our backs except Tom who was built so that he could withstand the blow. The first person I saw from the house was a young Asian, perhaps in his young twenties, he was flying into the door way, he hit the wall and fell. He landed on an apparent booby trap for intruders like us, which we never triggered. Four arrows fired from each side and stabbed him in the abdomen and neck, blood spurted out and he squirmed on the floor until he died a few seconds later.

 Tim pulled out a something like a knife, except with a serrated blade and was curved. He jumped into the house and disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Randall followed, but just walking, almost menacingly. I decided to walk in, carefully stepping over the trap - and the body - to enter.

Upon entering I had a sense that there was no more danger. Especially when I saw Tim with a bloody blade, staring grimly at something I could not see, and I set my mind so that I did not want to. Randall walked out of the door and motioned for us to follow. He started down the path and so did we, walking into the city where we would later lose a member of our pack.




.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool and interesting. This series of pieces shows great writing. You are a very skilled writer when it comes to fictional, fun pieces. Great job.

    ReplyDelete