Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Minecraft Part 6

People in the Borg tribe were very short tempered, we found that out while walking through their city. The trail wasn't even close to how long we thought it would be. It twisted along a few trees and then there we were, inside the city. Didn't give us much time to plan either, the only thing Randall told us to do was "To walk quickly and keep our heads down." So we did, so much that we could see very little in front of us.

"Hey!" Screamed a shopkeeper, Tim had knocked over what looked like a merchant's cart. The merchant grabbed his arm but he easily broke free. Patrick already had his blade out and was fighting with some other people who had noticed that we were not from around here. I did my first noble action and helped Tim with people fighting him he did a jab to the throat and a body fell to the ground. As I quickly took in our surroundings we were in a long and narrow street that would most likely lead us out of town. That's good we could run away and hide inn the brush, I thought, but it wasn't that simple.

Me and Tim fought our way out of the crowd, and started running towards the end of the street. It looked like everyone was out okay except Randall. I asked Tim about him but all he said was "He can handle himself." I didn't beileive somebody could swordfight through a group of men that big but seconds after those words passed his lips, Randall emerged and started catching up to us. Suddenly, something wizzed past my ear and Tim crumpled to the floor.

An arrow fired from somewhere in the rooftops had embed itself in Tim's knee. Tom noticed and yelled "NO!" over the screams of the men after us. "TIM!" He rushed to the crumpled body. Who was laying unconscious.Tom started to say something, but a hand pulled him away, Patrick's. "NO, TIM" Tom screamed

"We must go" Patrick said to Tom. Tom struggled but his sadness weakened him "We will get him back:" Patrick whispered. And then we sprinted towards the trees. They had grown very thick and blocked out most of the sun.

"We will travel deeper until we setup a base, we must be on the outskirts of their city to help Tim escape." And once we ventured a few miles deeper into the woods, we set up base. Every one but Patrick pulled out an axe and started chopping down trees to make a clearing for the base. "Hey Jeff, you go and get firewood from the wood we chop down" I nodded my head in response. I was amazed at how quickly they were chopping down trees, it was almost in sync as the trees fell down. I turned to watch Patrick who was doing the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. Pulling chunks of wood that out his backpack that were too big to fit inside it. Then something even weirder. As he put a piece of wood next to another the sort of bonded and made one piece. I stood in awe for minutes. My peace was disturbed when someone shoved me and motioned for me to get to work.

Pulling chunks of wood of logs is exhausting, as I figured out. Tom showed me how, all you have to do is punch the wood a few times and a perfectly square wood piece falls out. After punching a few times my arm was really starting to get tired and my knuckles were starting to bleed. I decided I was done and walked over to Patrick with my pile. "Is this enough?"

"Yea, sure, just set it down somewhere and light it up."

"How am I supposed to light it up"

"Uhhh, why do I have to do everything" Patrick grumbled

"Somebody's grumpy today"

"Shut-up, fine, I'll show you" He pulled something out of his pack.

"How does all that stuff fit into the backpack?"

"It just does"

"But how?"

"You ask way to many questions, did you know that? Now this is called a flint and steel, it is made with a piece of flint, and a piece of steel. Now we put it over the wood" He rubbed the two objects together. "Bam, a fire!" I was impressed, but what just happened had made me curious to see what was inside the house. I ran around the campsite, which was just roughly a small wooden cabin, a campfire, and a large picnic table. My curiosity was going to make me implode so I went to the cabin. I opened the door and my heart missed a beat. There was five beds and nothing else was there. I was disappointed, I didn't know why I had been so excited. Until I saw a suspicious looking door towards the right corner of the building. I was excited all over again.


I opened this door and a flight of stairs lead down to a lower level. I walked down and saw a switch. I flicked it on and My eyes widened. How could he not tell me about this. I walked up to is and felt everything. It was a weapons rack with a sorcery table and a potions maker. It might not sound like much, but on top of the sorcery table was a book floating and looked like it was reading itself. I could see on it that you would combine elements on it and it could make poisons or enchant weapons.    

"Get up here Jeff, you little crap!" Screamed Tom

"What did I do?"

"Just get up here!" As I ran up the steps Tom was staring at me with a look of disgust.

"What?"

"You started a fire" Randall said as he walked into the room with Patrick.

"But Patrick told me to" I said, almost whining

"WHAT!" Randall  yelled "You know not to." Randall sighed

Patrick had a look of surprise in his face as he said "But...I"

"No butts" Randall said "Everybody go downstairs, grab a weapon, and let's hope they didn't see the smoke from the fire." I thought they didn't, we were to far away. We waited all night but there was no attack. Not until we least expected it.

No comments:

Post a Comment