Monday, October 8, 2012

Appliance

Author's Note: This is a personal memoir I wrote for language arts class. It takes place when I was about three.



It was mid-July and my grandparents decided to come to my hometown of Cincinnati, mostly to come and see “Baby Carson”. My parents and grandparents were big shoppers so of course, we had to go to the mall. My parents always split up because the women liked clothes and the men liked cigars and ice cream.  Although for some reason today my dad decided to go with my mom and grandma. So it was just me and my grandpa.
I begged him to take me to the toy store and normally he would’ve taken me, and then to the candy store, and then back to meet up with the rest of the gang. Although today, we went to some appliance store. My grandpa was walking around the store looking for a new radio for his bathroom.
I tugged on his shorts and whispered that I had to go to the potty. He just responded by saying in a few minutes. I really had to go and I tugged again, my grandfather impatiently replied “In a little bit”. I was shaking my legs like I do to hold in. I had to go number one so I was squeezing my legs together. I tried with all my might to hold in the flood that was about to happen. All of a sudden, I let it out.
            I wasn’t just standing in the middle of nowhere, I was facing the high-end products, the fancy televisions and electrics. Even thought I was wearing pants, my urine had so much force it burst right on through and sprayed just about everything in sight. With an embarrassed face I went up to my grandpa and told him what I had just done. His face hardened and he pulled me out of the store.
            Luckily, no one was in the bathroom when we arrived and my grandpa grabbed some paper towel and started scrubbing my pants. He was saying some harsh words, not necessarily directed towards me, and some of them I had never heard before. Certain words starting F or S.
            After we were done we went back around to the appliance store and there was the manager. On his cell phone. Furiously dialing a number. My grandpa quickly tugged us out of there and we decided to go meet up with the others.
            I shared my story and they all decided to go to the store and check out the situation. I never thought that emptying my bladder could be such a big deal, but the cops had shown up. They were checking around, and my parents must’ve realized they would have to pay for the damages, so we all just decided to leave.
            It almost seems like this has been forgotten. The car ride home was pretty silent. I vividly remember the awkward feeling in the car. My parents were mostly angry at my grandpa, and my grandpa was mostly angry with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment